Get big-firm expertise from our expert litigation lawyers. Ryan Murdoch O’Regan’s litigation lawyers know what it takes to get the best possible result for you.
When conflict occurs, it is critical you receive proper advice.
We aim to resolve disputes without the need for court where possible. Our team use their expert negotiation skills and provide the best possible legal representation.
There will always be disputes that cannot be resolved by negotiation. If court action is necessary, we are masters of litigation. We have a strong record of successfully pursuing and defending claims.
Please note, litigation can be costly and you should consider the value of your loss before commencing court action.
Commercial Litigation Team
Commercial litigation is where a business or company is involved in a dispute. In most cases, disputes are resolved by negotiations and court action can be avoided.
If negotiations fail, we will put your best case forward in court to get the best possible outcome.
You need our expert lawyers when your dispute is about:
- a business,
- a company,
- a trust,
- a partnership,
- money owed by you,
- money owed to you by a commercial arrangement,
- the purchase of goods or services,
- any of these types of contracts:
- loan agreement, or
We can also help you if you have:
- debts you cannot pay,
- money owed to you,
- been let down by someone who did not do what they said they would do,
- an agreement with someone who is not doing what they should do, or
- been prevented from doing something you are entitled to do.
A Record of Success
Matters we have successfully handled include:
- Suing solicitors who did not warn their clients about the risks in an unusual lease.
- Holding solicitors accountable for incorrectly advising their client about the effect of laws.
- Suing a construction company that damaged a house next to their construction site.
- Assisting companies with disputes with the Australian Taxation Office. This included one client whose debt was reduced from over $100,000 to less than $40.
- Suing a building inspector who did not inform home-buyers about major structural defects.
- Defending court action brought by debt collectors.
- Representing clients in “restraint of trade” disputes with former employers.
- Providing expert advice to clients in neighbour disputes. For example, boundary fences and retaining wall disputes.
- Advising a mechanic in relation to a claim of defective repair works.
- Defending a borrower who was being chased by a foreign bank.
- Representing landowners whose family home was being resumed by a government department.
- Acting for a business that was in a long-running dispute with their landlord over lease terms.
- Acting for a client who was seeking to recover a substantial sum of money. The money had been lent to a family friend without a written loan agreement.
Read What Our Clients Had To Say …
How We Can Help
Our commercial litigation lawyers expertly assist parties with litigation and disputes. We put your best case forward.
We communicate in plain English. And we take pride in offering personalised service. We keep you up-to-date with all legal developments.
Most importantly, our litigation lawyers work hard to get results and lower your stress levels.
Speak to our lawyers today and get back to business.
We are available to meet with you at any of our local offices (Brisbane, Gold Coast, Beenleigh, Cleveland and Jimboomba).
Cannot make it to one of our local offices?
Speak to our lawyers by telephone or video-conference.
Avoid costly disputes. Get the best representation.